Dearneside Fabrications Limited specialises in the manufacture and installation of architectural metalwork and secondary metalwork and has become one of the leading suppliers to the UK construction industry in this niche sector. Having worked on numerous award winning landmark developments with many of the UK blue chip construction companies, they are a focused and growing business.
Dearneside Fabrications asked Northern Peak to come up with a new website design for the company, the brief sounded really simple “come up with a design that’s modern and fresh, with fading images on the home page that stretch the entire width of the screen, no matter what size”.
We came back with a design that Dearneside immediately loved as it portraited the professional image that they have worked hard to achieve – it was just a case now of creating the programming code needed to make the website work…. Creating this code was a challenge as a few of the functions were new to us and something we’d not done before, sure we’d made images fade but never a background image that was automatically stretched to any screen size. After a little bit of hard work we achieved the desired result and Dearneside Fabrications are delighted with it.
1. Fading Background Images (x 6) on the Home page that fill the entire width of the screen they are viewed on. This allows the visitor to view the website on a PC, Mac or smartphone / tablet pc and the website will scale to fit.
2. Fixed Navigation Menu – this means no matter how long the page is the navigation menu stays in place, allowing the visitor to navigate round the website easily.
4. YouTube Video Integration – We have also added video to the website from Dearneside’s YouTube channel.
5. Google Maps Integration – We also added Google Maps to the contact page which provides the location of Dearneside Fabrications and allows the visitor to get precise directions from Google Maps.
6. Google Analytics Integration – This allows Dearneside Fabrications to measure how many visitors they get, how the visitors use their site and how they arrived on their site.
"Excellent personal service from Andy, who gave great advice on our website design and content requirements. Everything produced promptly and to the schedule agreed. A big help with the photography too!"
Jon Hepplestone - Marketing.
"Aardvark Waste Services have worked closely with Northern Peak for several years in which time they have provided a first class service designing and more recently updating our business website."
A. Wood & J. Wood - Directors.
"Thank you to Andy and the team at Northern Peak for making the process of getting a new logo, stationery and website so easy. I am delighted with our new look, it is exactly what I was looking to achieve. I am really looking forward to working with Andy in the future."
J. Brown – Managing Director.